Report Abuse

Seek Justice and Closure for Yourself and Others.

The Law Office of Tahira Khan Merrit P.L.L.C
Exclusively Representing Victims of Sexual Abuse and Assault

If you suspect that your child or any other child is a victim of sexual abuse, the first step is to report abuse to law enforcement.

Additional Sources On Reporting Child Sex Assault

Please refer to the websites of the Texas Attorney General and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, for information on the following topics :

  • Responding to an Abused Child – Documenting what you see and hear, while respecting the child’s trust, privacy and feelings.
  • The Responsibility to Report Abuse – How to report and whom to call, law enforcement officials or child protection services.
  • Investigation and Prosecution – Interviewing the child, physical examination of a sexual abuse victim and deciding whether to press charges.

Contact Us.
We Respect Your Privacy.

If you or your loved one has suffered abuse, it is important that you promptly notify law enforcement, then contact our firm. Please schedule your initial confidential consultation at no cost with attorney Tahira Khan Merritt by calling:

(214) 503-7300

Or you can send us a confidential email to

We Are Your Legal Advocates

We understand that confronting sexual assault or sexual abuse, whether it occurred recently or in the past, is difficult. Our law firm goes to great lengths to ensure that we honor and protect your need for privacy. Call our law office at (214) 503-7300 or contact us through email to schedule a free, confidential consultation to speak with us.