reporting abuse , reporting rape and sexual abuse , report abuse

Contact The Attorneys Who Exclusively Represent Victims Of Sexual Abuse And Assault, The Offices Of Tahira Khan Merritt, P.L.L.C.

If you suspect that your child or any other child is a victim of sexual abuse, reporting abuse to the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (commonly referred to as Child Protective Services or C.P.S.) or to a law enforcement agency within 48 hours is the first step. Reporting child sexual abuse can prompt state authorities to investigate and prosecute sex offenders and protect other children.

Additional Sources On Reporting Child Sex Assault Or Child Molestation

Please refer to the websites of the Texas Attorney General and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, for information on the following topics :

  • Responding to an Abused Child – Documenting what you see and hear, while respecting the child’s trust, privacy and feelings.
  • The Responsibility to Report Abuse – How to report and whom to call, law enforcement officials or child protection services.
  • Investigation and Prosecution – Interviewing the child, physical examination of a sexual abuse victim and deciding whether to press charges.